Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bare Facts -LaPorte-Steve kirkman

left to right is Bob Corsby,Dan Topolski,Steve Kirkman,Kevin Shuter (the beginings of the Bare Facts)
We lost Bob Corsby in a car accident. He was greatly missed.




Three new members of the Bare facts. 
Jim Sipe replaced Bob Corsby on drums. Ron Shaw Guitar/trumpet, Dave Curtis keyboard/trumpet.
Adding the trumpets and the genius of Dave Curtis, allowed us to duplicate the Chicago sound of the Day.
We practiced 4 nights a week. Dave could learn a new song in 10 minutes, which allowed us to play new material weekly.

Steve Kirkman
This was taken around 1970 at the end of high school, when The bare facts members (To the best of my knowledge)were,
Steve Kirkman bass/lead vocal ,Bob Neblung drums, Ron Shaw guitar,Dan Topolski guitar, Dave Curtis organ.
 

The Riddlers
I also played with the Riddlers for awhile.
Left to  right  Dan Malstrom organ, Steve Kirkman bass/lead vocal, Carl Roach guitar( and my first guitar teacher), John Barkow drums.
Malstrom and Barkow were the craziest and some of the most talented musicians i ever played with.



4 comments:

  1. Steve,
    You guys would look great on my blog honoring 60's Indiana bands! Do I have you blessing to use this?
    All the best,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Steve.

    I've just posted an entry on The Bare Facts on my website. I've used a couple of pictures you have uploaded here, I hope you don't mind. Link below....Colin

    http://expo67-cavestones.blogspot.com/2011/10/bare-facts-instant-happiness.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, Are we getting the band back together?

    Clarence Novak
    cnovak@hughes.net

    ReplyDelete